All Types of Back Pain Treated
- Lower back pain
- Mid back pain
- Neck pain
- Pelvic alignment issues resolved
- Spinal Mobilisation and Alignment
The spine is assessed for alignment and mobilisation problems and these are subsequently rectified using specific Neuromuscular techniques and specific Mobilisation with Movement techniques.
- The pelvis is assessed for alignment and mobilisation problems and these are subsequently rectified using specific Neuromuscular techniques. Very often, this is incorporated into most treatments as, quite commonly; a rotated pelvis is the actual cause of many hamstring complaints.
Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Trigger-point dry needling has been shown to be one of the most effective treatment modalities to deactivate trigger points and provide prompt relief of symptoms.
Chronic Pain Treatment and Management
- Neuromuscular Therapy techniques are used to identify and treat many types of chronic pain. This includes chronic lower back pain, fibromyalgia pain and symptoms and recurring shoulder pain.
Orthopaedic Sports Massage
- This is a deep tissue massage which not only takes into account the body’s muscular system but also considers the skeletal system as part of the treatment.
PRE and POST Event Massage
- These are essential items in any athlete’s preparation. A PRE event massage is an up tempo massage designed to prepare the body for the upcoming event. It is not a deep massage and is often performed through the clients clothing.
A POST event massage is designed to immediately aid the recovery process and help the body heal and recover more quickly from its recent endeavours.
- The entire treatment is devoted to complete relaxation and stress relief.
- Flexibility is tested using standard range of motion tests, such as the Thomas Test for hip flexors. Once a clients flexibility has been assessed several techniques, such as Muscle Energy Techniques, Soft Tissue Release and sometimes Trigger Point deactivation, are employed to return the muscle/joint to full range of motion (hence, improving performance). This balances the body and is included as part of every Orthopaedic Sports Massage.
IT Band Syndrome
- This is a very common problem for all types of athlete. It can be extremely painful and very often causes an athlete to break down. It causes severe knee pain and pain down the outside of the injured leg. Due to the fact that there can be several factors involved with IT Band problems the treatment is very extensive and involves: flexibility and strength testing of relevant muscle groups, Pelvic assessment, deep tissue work to all relevant areas and recommended strengthening exercises and stretching.
Tendonitis (Tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, Achilles)
- All types of tendonitis treated.
Cranial and Intra-Oral treatment
- This treatment is used to relieve recurring headaches and to treat certain temporomandibular joint problems by easing tension and releasing muscles in this area.